A week ago we migrated our Future Studio homepage and blog to a new server. Besides, we reconfigured our apps to run with SSL on HTTPS. We use a Gandi Standard SSL certificate which has the problem that an intermediate certificate is required to omit certificate errors on every browser including Android.
nginx Series Overview
- How To Install the Newest Version of Nginx on Ubuntu
- How to Run GitLab with Self-Signed SSL Certificate
- How to Fix Reponse Status 0 (Worker Process Exited on Signal 11)
- Redirect Only Root URL Path
- Remove an App/Domain from Sites-Enabled
- How to Serve a Static HTML Page
- Is Running but Not Serving Sites
Integrating the intermediate certificate and restarting nginx to work properly with the new configuration resulted in the following error during nginx restart:
(SSL: error:0906D066:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:bad end line)
The problem: concatenation of our and the intermediate certificate didn’t join the lines in the middle properly:
-----END CERTIFICATE----------BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
Add a line break to fix the issue:
-----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
Now you can restart nginx without hiccups.